Re: tlug: 2 questions

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 12:28:17AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Shimpei> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 06:28:32PM +0900, Stephen
>     Shimpei> J. Turnbull wrote:
>
>     >> Which terminal emulator do you use?  (You are running under X,
>     >> of course.)  I've heard that the rxvt family don't work well
>     >> with kinput2.
>
>     Shimpei> How does it not work well? It's working fine here under
>     Shimpei> Kondara 1.1....
>
> Pure hearsay (I've never seen much reason to use rxvt over color-xterm
> or kterm, and never have gotten kanji working in an rxvt, not that
> I've tried terribly hard); it's one thing to try (switching to a
> different terminal emulator).

We use RXVT on a laptop at home that is mnemonically challenged (24 megs).
The machine runs Debian (potato release), the RXVT is the "multilingual"
version of same (which I'm pretty sure depends on main-line RXVT in the
Debian installation manager), and kinput2 is used with canna for input.
Seems to work okay.  Haven't tried setting up the same arrangement from
source, though.

Not to contest Stephen's advice; just an additional note.

Cheers,
Frank Bennett

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.