Re: tlug: 2 questions

--- "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>
wrote:
> <shimpei@example.com> writes:
>
>     Shimpei> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 06:28:32PM
> +0900, Stephen
>     Shimpei> J. Turnbull wrote:
>
>     >> Which terminal emulator do you use?  (You are
> running under X,
>     >> of course.)  I've heard that the rxvt family
> don't work well
>     >> with kinput2.
>
>     Shimpei> How does it not work well? It's working
> fine here under
>     Shimpei> Kondara 1.1....
>
> Pure hearsay (I've never seen much reason to use
> rxvt over color-xterm
> or kterm, and never have gotten kanji working in an
> rxvt, not that
> I've tried terribly hard); it's one thing to try
> (switching to a
> different terminal emulator).
>
> As for working well under Kondara ... IM-related
> stuff is among the
> worst for portability.  Proves nothing, unless
> Hayakawa-san wants to
> reinstall with Kondara.

hmmm, I'll go with the easy way out for now, and go
fetch kterm...  where is a source in tarball?
For now, I've been using aterm with something like
--enable-kanji or something flag to configure it, and
it builds fine, it displays kanji fine.  (I'm too
obsessed with psuedo-transparent consoles)

http://im.yahoo.com/
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.