tlug: 2 questions

    Koji> 1.  I'm trying to get kinput2 work with canna.  I compiled
    Koji> both of them succesfully.  Cannaserver is running.  kinput2
    Koji> actually can be started, but I don't see ANYTHING at all.

Which terminal emulator do you use?  (You are running under X, of
course.)  I've heard that the rxvt family don't work well with
kinput2.  You need to make sure that (1) -canna is set on the kinput2
command line (this should be OK from the error message you're getting)
and (2) that kterm and kinput2 are both using the same protocol (-xim
or -kinput, see the man for exact details).  I think kterm cheats, but
for most apps you need to set XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" in the
environment to use kinput2 as a XIM input manager.

    Koji> When I copy .canna file in my home dir as shown in
    Koji> Linux-Nihongo, kinput2 complains that it can't find
    Koji> roma-kana henkan file, default.cbp.  If I don't have that

I think you can probably ignore this.  There is no default.cbp file in
any of the distributions I know of; nor does anybody I know use the
default.canna setup.

    Koji> file, I don't get any errors.  Either way, nothing shows up
    Koji> on screen.  What do I need to set next?

You can also select "Open IM" from the menu popped up by
Ctrl-Mouse-Middle-Button to start the IM if you are using -xim.

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.