Re: tlug: Nvidia & bttv

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Alberto Tomita wrote:

> http://slashdot.org/features/00/05/01/0047219.shtml
>
> [...]
> "Ralph Metzler is just another one of those 'thousands of developers' you hear
> about developing software for Linux. Ralph was checking out the sources for
> the
> Linux 2.3 kernel, and he noticed that a chunk of memory conversion routines
> were copied line for line out of his bttv.c video driver source into Nvidia's
> code. "
> [...]
>
> Not "just another one". Ralph is Marcus' brother, who demonstrated an early
> version of his bttv driver a couple of years ago in a TLUG meeting!

I was there.  It worked nicely, as I recall.  i still haven't tried
getting it to work on my Happauge WinTV yet, though.. mostly because that
machine is now exclusively Windows, so I can watch TV on it while I code
in Linux on the Athlon :)

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.