tlug: stupid sh tricks

Howdy all.

I think this might fall under the "advocacy" heading.

When's the last time you had a "gee, /bin/sh sure is nice"
experience? I had one today; it was kind of like one of those car
commercials where the driver's on some beautiful curvy mountain road.
You know, just the driver and the machine.

I was hard at work on something, feeling a little drowsy, needed a
pick-me-up. So, kind of without thinking, I typed in the something to
this effect at a shell prompt, (the beauty of sh being that one can
do things like this if one is so moved):

$ (find /home/mp3 -name *mp3 | egrep [Pp]arliament > /tmp/play.m3u &&
xmms /tmp/play.m3u & ); banner Make My Funk The P-Funk

Ahhh....better than coffee.

So, mainly out of boredom, and partly in hopes that I might pick up
something new, I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else out
there has a stupid sh trick of their own that they're particularly
fond of (and has enough excess time on their hands to post it). I'd
love to hear 'em if you got 'em.

john

--
jseebach@example.com