Re: tlug: compiling xemacs with wnn support

Thanks a lot for the help.

>     Hector> I'm trying to compile xemacs (21.1.9) to work with wnn.
>     Hector> Before running make I run:
>
>     Hector> ./configure --with-wnn6 --with-canna --with-xim
>     Hector> --with-mule --with-xpm
>
>     Hector> then when I run make, I get errors in mule-wnnfns.c,
>     Hector> related to undeclared constants (all of which start with
>     Hector> WNN_ : WNN_ENV_YURAGI_MASK, WNN_ENV_SYMBOL_MASK,
>     Hector> WWW_ENV_ALPHABET_MASK, WNN_ENV_NUMERIC_MASK and a lot
>     Hector> more). What's the problem here?

I modified mule-wnnfns.c to include header files for wnn6 (I changed wnn/
includes with wnn6/ and added wnn6/fslib.h). And the problem above
dissapeared, buy now I get other errors. I think that I also need some
library files, too, but I don't know yet which ones are them or how to get
them. I couldn't find yet the sdk package for wnn6.

Meanwhile I'm working with the emacs version (20.4.1) that came with RH6.1J.
I can input Japanese using skk, but the conversion is not so good (it's
awkward but what I'm doing now is opening kterm, writing Japanese there
since it runs with wnn6 and then pasting to emacs). Can I make emacs work
with wnn6 easily (without recompiling)?

Thanks in advance

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD