tlug: Debian installation - scsi problem

New question before I even could try out the answer to my previous one (thanks
Selva!):

I am currently at work trying to install (for the first time) Debian 2.1 on a
Fujitsu FMV-590DE which seems to have a scsi CDROM, Adaptec, AHA-2940. I
selected the modules for cdrom and sg - generic scsi-port, but I cannot mount
the CDROM. Maybe something is wrong with my mounting attempts, I get "special
device /dev/dcrom does not exist" or "the kernel does not recognize /dev/scd0
as a block device (maybe 'insmod driver'?)" I tried other scsi modules but
either the installation was unsuccessful or nothing happened for 5 minutes
after which I pressed reset.

Also when booting I get a warning about scsi: "detected auto-termination ...",
and am told to make sure the settings  are properly set, but once again I don't
know what the proper settings are. The Adaptec menu for "Host Adapter SCSI
Termination" gives three options: automatic, enabled, disabled. Which is the
correct setting?

TIA, Uli

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD