Re: tlug: linux and Japanese language

Yong-Ming Hua <yhua@example.com> writes:

> I just want to know whether there is such a thing as The easiest
> mailer for Linux with output/input Japanese capability,

There are mailers which run under XEmacs and GNU Emacs which can do
Japanese nicely. With XEmacs you can use VM or Gnus, with GNU Emacs
probably only Gnus (don't know whether VM has been ported to GNU Emacs
20.x yet). If you want to use Gnus, I recommend to get the newest
version, because it has good MIME support. It is not yet distributed
together with XEmacs, so you have to download it seperately. I am
using Gnus 5.8.4 with XEmacs.

> PLUS HTML browse/edit capability.

Gnus 5.8.4 can render HTML mail. To do this it uses Emacs w3,
therefore you should make sure that you have a recent version of Emacs
w3 installed too.

Mike

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@example.com>   <mike@example.com>

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD