Re: tlug: Linux/Perl/LotusNotes

Shawn Gray (lists.tlug):
>my $Notes = Win32::OLE->new('Notes.NotesSession')
>   or die "Cannot start Lotus Notes Session object.\n";
>
>I would like to port this to Linux.
>Does anyone know of the way to make this connection
>to the LotusNotesDb with Linux?

The Win32::OLE is relying on the fact that it can talk to a local
Lotus Notes client. Since Lotus aren't releasing a client for Linux,
you can't go that way.

So, you have to try and connect to the database directly.
Except, the protocol is proprietry, so we don't know how to do that
either.

In short, Lotus won't let you at your own data unless you use their
client. Isn't that nice of them?

--
	Wouldn't it be wonderful if real life supported control-Z?
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.