tlug: booting above 1024 cyl.

Hi,

sorry I lost the original thread, but here is the link for a new
version of lilo, which allows booting from partitions above 1024 cyl..

Here is the original announcement:
>Source code for revision 3 of Werner Almesberger's LILO version 21 is
>available from:
>
>      ftp://sd.dynhost.com/pub/linux/lilo
>
>This revision adds a global option, 'lba32', to enable bootind disks
>beyond the 1024 cylinder limit.  The command line switch '-L'
>accomplishes the same result.  To be effective, the BIOS must support
>the EDD packet call interface (post 1998).
>
>The package, available as 'lilo-21-3.tar.gz' includes source code, man
>pages, and updates to all pertinent documentation.  This code has been
>in beta release since 11/99 under the name "LILO version 22".  Werner
>asked me to change the designation to indicate that it is derived from
>his version 21, as his version 22 will be a major update.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
ZPR/ZAIK
Universitaet zu Koeln              Tel.   : +49 221 470 6010
Weyertal 80                        Fax    : +49 221 470 5160
D-50931 Koeln, Germany             e-mail : mocm@example.com
"Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!"
Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.