Re: tlug: RH 6.0 & Omron TA

> Hi everyone,
>
> Well, sorry about that really useless post the other day.  I should
> know better.
>
> I am using an external Omron TA.  So far I have been able to do
> nothing.  I have tried connecting to it using minicom (it is on COM1),
> but could not send it any AT codes and did not receive anything back
> from it.
>
> To be honest, even if I did get something from minicom, the last time I
> did any PPP stuff with Linux was...close to 7 years ago, so I wouldn't
> know what to do.  But I guess the first step is getting to talk to the
> TA, right?  :)

Are you sure you're using the right serial port? You might be trying to talk
to, say, your serial mouse instead of your keyboard. Try symlinking your
/dev/modem device to some /dev/ttyS* device other than the one it's hooked
up to right now and running minicom again.

Shimpei.

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae