Re: tlug: The Debian Potato

                                                 ^
What's this?  :) --------------------------------+

    CS> in-kernel support has really become useable.

Well, that's news to me.  I'd heard some noise about this, but I
don't follow linux-activists, and the urusai types didn't know what
they were talking about, just that David had his nose out of joint.

I don't entirely blame him, actually, although he probably should have
dual-licensed at least the pcmcia_core etc code.

    CS> Still have to install pcmcia-cs, however ... just for the
    CS> daemons, the drivers themselves are built during the 'make
    CS> modules' kernel build phase.

And this has been available in conventional distributions since 2nd
quarter 2002, right?

I'm sorry, for practical purposes Hinds's pcmcia-cs is still required
for bootstrapping.  Austin, do you support PCMCIA network installs?  I
thought not.

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae