Re: tlug: I want to fdisk my linux HD

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Dave wrote:

> Im having major problems with my NIC and configuration.  Until I can
> figure this out, my PC is much more valuable to me as a windows
> machine.  The problem is that fdisk wont clear out the whole hard drive.
>
> I have a 24 MB linux partition and an extended dos partition which is 8
> GB (at least thats what fdisk reports).  The odd thing is there are no
> logical drives defined on the extended partition.  fdisk wont let me
> delete the extended partition until the logical drives are deleted, but
> since no logical drives are defined, I cant delete them.
>
> Do I delete everything via Linux, or can it be done with DOS utilities?

Linux's fdisk is a lot more powerful -- there are a lot of things that DOS
fdisk simply cannot do, so it's probably best to re-fdisk using a Linux
version of the fdisk utility.

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae