tlug: Joint LUG meetings

Cross-posted to tlug-admin and tlug.  I think this thread should move
back to tlug-admin.

    Shinji>   mention of mine made you hot.  Did I do slip my mouth
    Shinji> again ?  Was language C more effective, instead of English
    Shinji> ?  I suspected.

Not at all.

    Shinji>     Regarding posting address, previously, my message to
    Shinji> only "tlug" used to be rejected, and after adding
    Shinji> "tlug-admin", it was well.

OK.  This is not a problem for anybody but me; I just got the order
of filters in .procmailrc wrong, and an important message went into a
folder I didn't read for a long time.

    Shinji>    But, to encourage the posting from behind most shy
    Shinji> Japanese members to be active, it seems to be helpful.

This is what I wish.

It is true that most active members of TLUG, especially on the mailing
list, are most comfortable with English.  But I hope we can try to be
multilingual.

    Shinji> 2) Whether we should hold unoffical meeting on 3/16 or
    Shinji> not.  Regarding, 3/11 Tech meeting is fixed.

    >>> I'd be up for that.  Now that I know more information about
    >>> the IPSJ meeting, I probably should go as a matter of
    >>> professional interest.

    Shinji>     You mean attendant should do it individually ?
    Shinji> Honestly, I cannot promise what I will have my
    Shinji> responsibility on it, currently, as I mentioned before,
    Shinji> because it still depends on my company schedule.

Yes.  If I decide to go I will announce here (like nomikai:

Going to IPSJ@example.com:

1. Steve T
2.

format.  :-)  We can find an izakaya on our own or with others at the
symposium (Cliff is a sometime participant in TLUG).  Basically the
same as your idea.

    Shinji>    And finally, Steve-San, in the nomikai of next tech
    Shinji> meeting on 3/11, could you consult with me on dealing with
    Shinji> my idea ?  In short, joint meeting with other LUGs.  At
    Shinji> least, I will be able to joint nomikai party on that
    Shinji> date. Off cource, above still remains as just a proposal,
    Shinji> I don't have any intention to let my idea fixed.

The glibc talk was very successful, I think.  We should do this more
often.  I think that the main issue to consider is whether we should
do these irregularly and substitute for regular TLUG
technical/nomikai, or whether we should have a regular program to
invite high-profile (typically non-member) speakers of general
interest.  (I don't know whether that could work so easily, but it's
worth considering.)

Regards,

Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae