tlug: Horizontal diff?

I've come up against an odd problem, maybe someone can help.  I have a
bunch of files, in two sets, with text stored in very long lines.  The two
sets match line for line, with small differences here and there in the
content of (otherwise identical) lines.

I would like to identify the diffs between the two sets, but reg'lar diff
will just turn up discrepancies line by line.  What I would like to do is
get a more fine-grained return on differences *within* the line, so I can
get a bead on how much has actually changed.

Is there an existing tool around that can do that?

Many thanks,
Frank

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD