Re: tlug: search in mailing list archive -- dos2unix

Thanks a lot for the replies.

>While this will work, it may be useful to know that what you have got is
>a DOS text file probably downloaded by ftp in *binary* mode, or served
>by some http server with wrong content type info.

Out of some reasons it was screwed up when I got it in ascii mode, in
binary mode there was no problem. I had the same strange behavior more
often with different servers so I was doubting my memory about ascii and
binary mode, but obviously I got the theory right and it must be something
wrong with these http servers. BTW, do html-pages in Japanese have to be
uploaded in binary mode in general?  The other day it would screw up
everything with ascii but not with binary. I think the days before it was
ok in ascii, but who knows, my memory ...

Uli

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD