Re: tlug: re: fetchmail flushes flushing Laszlo's career down the drain

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Tony Laszlo wrote:

>  Thanks for the advice, Selva, Stephen and Jonathan.
>  I will look into these options [at least the ones I undestand :) ]

If you are looking for an easy way out just get fetchpop (it predates
fetchmail, but is still maintained I think). It will most probably work.
You may find prebuilt binaries at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/powertools/6.1/i386 (replace 6.1 by your
favourite). It builds easily from the source, so dont despair if you
cant find a binary.

>  How much of what Stephen said would be possible with GOL?
>
>  > only send it over the (authenticated) PPP line.  Question is, how many
>  > people are in Tony's situation?  It's probably not really worth GOL's
>  > trouble, since very few people would use it.
>  >

>  What are you talking about?!
>  Lot's of people don't have tenure :)

Yeah... everyone is not a "koumuin" ;)

For GOL every single customer counts, I guess.

>  I also think that, while such a task force is building up
>  strength and creating its database, Linux folks need to
>  devise a way to be as lenient as the other OSes in this regard.

You wont get many takers for that.  When "lenient" means breaking the
standards, the party wont go on for long.

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD