tlug: thank you

Hi,
     I was rather overwhelmed by so many answers to my 'silly questions'. Being exposed to
so many hectic advertisements from bookstores, media, and even to hanging adverts in
trains, to the effect that Microsoft is being threatened by Linux, or that No more Microsoft,
I sometimes suspect that things are not so simple. I wanted to have some kind of asters from
those who use Japanese as well. Compared to Windows 95/98/NT, or Mac, there is still
much to be done for Linux interface, especially for Japanese one. But I should be careful
not to be too general. I used to be a mazochist using Tex/Latex a lot. Nowadays, I use
Win-Word for my word processor. Some academic societies even require *.doc form.
Excel for spreadsheet, and Access for Database. But at the same time, I have no idea
how to build a flexible, robust and above all cheap Web Server such as Linux box.
   The main reasons for my using Linux are
1)teach Prolog to students. (My friends who bought Quintus Prolog for SunOs is now a broke).
2)running several servers for my students to teach unix.(again cheap).
3)stubborn enough to think that Unix is the other side of the valley. that is, the other side of
the valley is always greener.

Yes, as Marcos said, it might be interesting to know how people actually use Linux for their
work/play.

Well, send as some compilation from the answers that you received. It would
be intersting to see how people around is using Linux.(Marcos)

Thanks very much again
Yong-Ming
--
FROM THE OFFICE OF YONG-MING HUA(YMH CAL LABORATORY)
yhua@example.com, root@example.com