tlug: format=flowed

Thanks for the RFC #!

    Selva> On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

    >> What does it do?

    Selva> It simply adds a Text/Plain format parameter to allow the
    Selva> MUA to handle the line wrpas in a decent way. See RFC2646
    Selva> at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt

OK.  The soft linebreak convention is a good one.

    >> If it's worth doing, I need to know where the spec is.  ;-)

Looks like it's worth doing, but that RFC is a dead letter.

    Selva> Hope you wont say "flowed" is a flawed concept.

"Flawed _concept_", no, but as to the implementation look at this
message carefully, re-read RFC 2646, and weep....

Also, I know one nutcase who inserts one space before every line in
all his mail.

    >> Of course, you'll have to use an Emacs-based MUA....

    Selva> That's fine, although with extended use of emacs I get a
    Selva> blister on my left thumb -- I press ctrl-x with thumb on
    Selva> ctrl and forefinger on x -- need to get a thimble :-)

`define-key' is your friend.  ;-)

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD