Re: PDF Files (was tlug: Silly Questions.)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Marcos Campos wrote:

>>for a CV in "word format" -- it did happen to me as they had no idea of
>>what to do with the postscript (same with pdf) files I had sent. That
>>too by a firm that claims to be "a leader in online " whatever. I
>>managed by falling back on the age old fascimile transmission.
>>
>>Selva
>
>Selva was the second person to say that is able to prepare pdf format file.
>As far as I konw only Adobe is able to produce such a file and that software
>costs a lot!!

Adobe's price for Acrobat 4.0 is around $250, you may get it cheaper
from other vendors. But what's it worth when Linux can't run it; who
needs it when gs + a few shell scripts can churn almost anything
(except .doc's ? ) to pdf :)

By the way, your mailer adds format=flowed in the header. I would like
to have a mailer that supports this "flowed" format inrtroduced by
Qualcomm --- can the latest version of PINE do that?

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD