Re: tlug: Books on C++, graph of functions

    US> I have two unrelated questions:

    US> (1) I have to learn C++. Which
    US> books or online tutorials woudl you recommend?

To my knowledge, the best book on C++ is "The C++ programming
language" (3rd edition) by the creator of the language, Bjarne
Stroustrup. Though it's not easy reading, especially if C++ is one's
first programming language.

Online stuff... I haven't seen anything good out there.

    US> (2) I have to
    US> find my way through some confusing perl-Modules and thought of
    US> writing a script that finds out which function calls which and
    US> to feed a graph drawing program. Since the Perl interperter
    US> probably also collects this information at some stage I was
    US> wondering whether there is a simple way to get to this
    US> information. Or maybe emacs can do this as well? Or maybe
    US> there already are some tools that draw graphs from functions
    US> etc. ?

I would use the Perl debugger for that purpose. Just add -d option to
the first line of your script which will look something like

#!/usr/bin/perl -d

and run the script as usually. Then type `h' at the debugger prompt for help.

    US> Uli

Best of luck.

Viktor Pavlenko
Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD