RE: tlug: security, ministry crackers

>This makes me wonder whether sites that have a country
>ending like "jp" are necessarily located physically inside the
>relevant country.  Anyone know particulars or sources of info
>on this one?  Seems like it could be important to business,
>and significant in litigation.
>
>Frank Bennett

I read recently that North Koreans don't have access to Internet and that
all the official sites of North Korean government was hosted in Japan (what
an irony...). I'm sure they don't use ".jp" in their address despite the
fact that I'd never see any sites from North Korea at all...

Marcos

Marcos de Parahyba Campos
Ph.D. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
7-3 Kanagawa-ku Shirohatanishichou
Satsukisou 205 Yokohama
Japan 221-0074
Tel/FAX: 81+045-434-4490
E-mail: marcospbc@example.com
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hall/7631

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD