tlug: Japanese PDF file contents

    FB> Short version: Is there a PDF->text stripper of some sort that
    FB> will work with Japanese PDF files encoded in Shift-JIS?

I don't know about the Shift-JIS, but I don't see why that would
matter to ps2ascii (despite the name), distributed with Aladdin
Ghostscript, or to pstotext, whose provenance I don't know but one of
whose authors is Russell Lang, who is a wheel in the Ghostscript
world.  ps2ascii produces nicer formatting, pstotext is better at
guessing about word boundaries in ASCII.

If they don't work, let me know and I'll have a hack at it.  I don't
have a Shift JIS PDF offhand, an URL for testing would be cool.

    smitimko>   I don't know much about this, but there is a tool
    smitimko> called 'pdf2txt'.  Please visit:

    smitimko>   I don't know this can be used for Shift-JIS PDF, but I
    smitimko> think this is written in perl. I hope this can help you.

Perl?  WTF?  <sigh>  "To a man with a perl, all the world looks like an
oyster."  An irritated oyster.

Oh, well, whatever works.

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD