Re: tlug: TV tuner vs. Emacs (bizarre)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Scott M. Stone writes:
>  >
>  > OK, this is really odd.  maybe.
>  > I bought a Hauppauge WinTV 401 card.  Works great (in Windows).
>  > 	1.  How do I get it to work in Linux?  I'm reasonably sure it's a
>  >             Bt848 based card (which is why I bought that particular one).
>  >
> There is a mini-HOWTO out there, have  a look at

thanks for the pointer, that's just what I needed.  Now I just need to
update my ancient (TL 1.2, ca 1997) distribution so I can make use of your
drivers :)

>  > I'm not sure if the TV tuner card is responsible (how could it be??) but
>  > it's irritating to have to code in console mode :)
> I can't see how that could be caused by the TV card. What kind of
> grahpics card do you use?

I (still) have that same Riva128 that I had back in Japan.  But, it's
worked fine up until now.  DGA even works now with the newer XFree86...

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD