Re: tlug: Linux DVD

Marcus wrote:
>Where did you get the nist version anyway? From livid? That's where I
>got mine. You can download it via CVS.
I got it out of the tarball at opendvd.org (dvd-munitions.tar.gz IIRC)
The version is nist 1.2 according to the documentation.

>The Celerons should be fast enough. How are those working out BTW,
>would you recommend such a setup.
They work great for me, as far as cost performance goes, I'll recomend the
setup since it's a nice cheap way to experience SMP, and plus the speed is
always nice.

>Do you have any other DVDs that you could try? Can you play the
>decrypted file with a windoze player? Try using deCSS to copy the
>file to your hdd.
No, since DVD's are 5000 yen (or at least where I go) each I haven't
mannaged to get any more (although I could borrow a few from various
people).  Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't have windows on my main
devel box anymore (Green Frog Nightly snapshots now live on what used to
be a Win98 install), testing stuff with a windows based player is slightly
out of the question... (I'll try downloading part of a file and playing it
though.)

Yours,

Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group
"It didn't matter.  Not when all mistakes could be left behind at twelve hundered miles per hour."  --Ringworld

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD