Re: tlug: Linux DVD

Austin K. Kurahone writes:
 > Marcus wrote:
 > Whowa! Downloading videos!! With the kind of connectivity in Japan! ;-)
 > I'm afraid that isn't quite an option.  I use a Dual Celeron 500 Mhz (No
Sorry, I forgot. Maybe if you download only part of it. The file
should still work, I guess.
 > overclocking yet...) on a A-BIT BP6 board. (Dual socket i370, too bad I
 > can't seem to find any more boards...)  SMP works just fine in Linux BTW,
Where did you get the nist version anyway? From livid? That's where I
got mine. You can download it via CVS.

The Celerons should be fast enough. How are those working out BTW,
would you recommend such a setup.

Do you have any other DVDs that you could try? Can you play the
decrypted file with a windoze player? Try using deCSS to copy the file
to your hdd.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
ZPR/ZAIK
Universitaet zu Koeln              Tel.   : +49 221 470 6010
Weyertal 80                        Fax    : +49 221 470 5160
D-50931 Koeln, Germany             e-mail : mocm@example.com
"Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!"
Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD