RE: tlug: Two Qs re translation project

>UTF-8 doesn't suffer from this problem, btw. By design, the head byte is
>structurally different from the tail byte(s) so a 8-bit clean string
>search won't deliver a false positive.

Looks like it's time for Frank to go back to school.

Duh, can UTF-8 be interpreted correctly by browsers in common
circulation, and if so (or if it's on a rising wave) what is the best
reference text on it?

Also ... if we move to a new encoding, we'll need a conversion tool.
Is there a Unix filter that can munge one of the common Jse
encodings into UTF-8?

Many thanks,
Frank Bennett

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD