Re: tlug: Linux DVD

Scott wrote:
>just a suggestion - try a 2.2.14 kernel *without* the devfs crap.  put in
>the dvd IOCTL patch, but leave the other foo out of there.  just a
>suggestion.
*laugh* Yep, I sure have a lot of patches.  I'm seriously doubting that
it's a kernel issue since all the test code that I have seems to work (ie:
I can authenticate the disk, get info on my DVD and etc) implying that
IOCTLs are working.  A quick review of the patches show nothing that might
cause trouble either...

Plus with my /dev tree being empty without devfs using a stock kernel does
make somethings like booting a tad difficult. (yes, I know how I'm just
way too lazy.)

Yours,

Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group
"It didn't matter.  Not when all mistakes could be left behind at twelve hundered miles per hour."  --Ringworld

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD