Re: tlug: ppa

... the beast within stirs ...

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 02:20:17PM +0000, BOTi wrote:

> The oldconfig method is not very convenient.

Oh?  Methinks you haven't compiled very many kernels, nor have had to compile
kernels for multiple target machines.

Explain why you think that oldconfig is inconvenient.

> Read the help file for the options that you're not sure with.

*chuckle* "Sorry, no help available for this option yet."

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.  You receive ten points for
trying to help Uli, but ...

... hey, Scott, does he remind you of anyone? ;)

Terrible thing about Linux-for-the-masses -- folks who have been exposed to
Linux (and _only_ Linux, and probably only RedHat at that) seem to believe that
that's all it takes to become one with UNIX.  I've had the dubious pleasure of
interviewing about twenty people for sysadmin/security positions in the last
two months.  Unimpressed.

-- Chris

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD