Re: tlug: automated login & startx, etc

> > Since I'm the only user of my home computer I'd like to get X started as
> > user boti without logging in.

                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> > I tried to put the following line into /etc/inittab :

> > 1:2345:once:/bin/su -m - boti -s /bin/bash -m /usr/X11R6/bin/startx

> this is kind of ugly.  Why don't you just make runlevel 5 your default
> runlevel (edit the 'initdefault' line in /etc/inittab)?  On all linux
> distros that I've seen, this starts up X at boot and gives you an xdm
> login screen.

I know that it is ugly, that's why I'm asking for help ;)
But my question was to log in and start up X automatically [khmm, just like win95 boots up] . XDM does not accomplish this
since you have to login in just like via a console getty. Doesn't save time.

Any more ideas?

B0Ti.

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD