Re: tlug: problems with netscape 4.7 japanese

Jonathan Q wrote:

> > But I have also a lot of problems with this version of netscape. it is
> > very
> > buggy, it crashes quite often. Or for example, when I enter a mail
> > address
> > in a To: field, all characters I type are deleted, but the first one, as
>
> The crashing is "normal" for muriyari (even regular Netscape tends to
> have this "feature," but not as much).  The one with addresses
> disappearing is one I haven't heard about before, but since I dislike
> Netscape Mail, it could certainly exist without my knowing about it.

So, what mailer are you using? (If I can ask)

> One thing that will help with the crashing is turning off Java and
> Javascript.  I was amazed at the difference that made on my machines.
> Netscape actually got pretty stable.

I tried to disable java and java-script, but it didn't help for
addresses diseappearing... :(

Jerome
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)