Re: tlug: Linux support for portable MP3 players?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 01:11:43PM +0900, Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> Has anybody here tried using portable MP3 players with Linux? I'm
> thinking about getting one, but I haven't seen any reports about
> the players that are available in Japan.

The Rio works quite well.  Anything based on the mpmf20 design (like the Kaser
Yo!MP3 and a whole raft of others) will also work.

The most important thing is to make sure that the parallel port that you're
using for the interface is set to ECP mode (in the case of the mpmf20, anyway).

-- Chris
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)