Re: tlug: Offline mode in Netscape

    Gregory> "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

    >> You could also do this with /etc/hosts.deny IIRC.  I have a
    >> friend, who shall remain nameless due to his security concerns,
    >> wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more, who has a
    >> list of about 40 banner ad sites in his /etc/hosts.deny....

    Gregory> Is there any chance that this "friend", nudge, nudge,
    Gregory> wing, wink, could email me a copy of his hosts.deny file?
    Gregory> Can I assume that there is no proprietary information in
    Gregory> his/her file?

Probably; actually it's Steve Baur (who gave a talk on personal
security on the 'Net; I was in an odd mood writing that message).

The information can't be proprietary; it's gained by simply being
ruthless about adding the addresses of banner sources to the relevant
file.

/* What's the big deal about the millennium? .............................
.... There are still 360 shopping days left until the millennial epoch! */
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)