Re: tlug: TurboLinux Apache proxies by default

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> For anyone running the default TurboLinux Apache (4.x, at least), you
> might want to check your httpd.conf for this:
>
> # Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following line to
> # enable the proxy server:
>
> ProxyRequests On
>
> Allows anybody to use you as a proxy by default :-(  Set this to Off, then
> restart httpd.
>
> If you look through your Apache access log and find weird stuff,
> somebody has been proxying through your machine.

didn't we go through this once before in a TL beta when I was at the reins
back in 98?  I seem to remember something similar.  Is this specific to
TLJ or is it present in the English versions as well?

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)